Friday, January 21, 2011

Sleepy Hollow Vacation: Day 10

Monday, November 1st:

We got up around 7:00 a.m. and were on the road by 7:45 a.m. It was time to head home. We hit quite a bit of traffic but saw even more heading into New York City! It is quite amazing how many people drive into NYC each day- it was backed up for miles!!

I kept looking for a Dunkin Donuts for breakfast but was afraid to get off the highway and deal with all the traffic. By the time we got past all the traffic... no more Dunkin Donuts!

Since we got such an early start we just drove the entire way home. We didn't want to stop for the night around 6:00 p.m. - that just seemed ridiculous. Due to a closed ramp and no detour signs we ended up having to drive into downtown Chicago - yikes!! At one point, I think there were 10 lanes of traffic with cars merging in on both sides and people driving way over the speed limit. I think I had a full blown panic attack!! I don't think I will ever go down there again. I would rather drive an hour out of the way to bypass Chicago.




We arrived home around 10:15 p.m. It was a wonderful vacation! I hope you have enjoyed reading about it and seeing all the photographs. Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment